This website is operated by Anthem Publishing Ltd (“Anthem”, “we” or “us”). Anthem is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information whilst striving to provide the very best user experience. We want our websites to be safe and enjoyable for everyone. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and related laws, we have a legal duty to protect the personal information we collect from you.
2. The types of personal information we collect and how we collect it:
Information you provide upon ordering a product or service from us: if you order a product or service from us, you will need to provide certain personal details so that the order can be fulfilled. In some cases, we will direct you to a third party partner site which will collect this information from you and fulfill your order.
Information you provide upon entering a promotion or competition: if you enter a promotion or competition you will need to provide certain personal information which will be used in accordance with the terms of the promotion or competition.
Email communications: we use web beacons in our emails to track the success of our marketing campaigns. If you open an email from us, we can see which of the pages of our website you visited. Our web beacons don’t store any information on your computer but, by communicating with our cookies on your computer, they can tell us when you have opened an email from us. We may keep track of the emails that we send you. We also keep a record of what communications you have selected to receive or not to receive. If you would like to opt out of receiving such emails, please click the “unsubscribe” link in the email and follow the instructions.
Information from other sources: we may receive information about you from other sources (e.g. missing information about your postal or email addresses) and add it to the personal information we hold about you.
3. How we use the information that we collect
We own the information we collect through this website. We will use it, as applicable, to:
- provide you with services or information that you have requested or products or services that you have ordered, such as magazine subscriptions;
- confirm or fulfill an order you have submitted
- monitor or improve the performance of, and products and services available through, this website
- send you promotional materials or special offers or on behalf of marketing partners. If you do not want to receive this marketing information you can notify us of this as part of the order process. You can stop receiving this information at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions on the correspondence you receive, by amending your marketing preferences, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, giving your email address and details of the information you no longer wish to receive
- for any purpose if we are required to do so by any law or other regulatory or government authority
4. Who we may share your personal information with
Agents: we use third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf including fulfilling orders, sending emails, organising and managing competitions, promotions, surveys or polls, removing repetitive information from customer lists, website analysis, data analysis, processing credit card payments and provision of digital versions of our products. They will have access to your personal information if necessary to perform their function but they cannot use it or disclose it for any other purpose, unless you have specifically given them consent to do so. In particular, if you purchase a subscription which includes access via a digital service such as Google Play, you will need to provide your subscriber details to that digital service and that digital service will need to verify your subscriber details.
Aggregate Information: we may share aggregate, non-personally identifiable information, such as demographics and website usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors and other organisations.
Remarketing: this site uses services such as the Google Remarketing Service which use the information about your visit to this site to provide you with relevant adverts when you visit other selected websites. Relevant adverts may comprise adverts for our own products or services. For more information, visit our cookies policy.
5. Maintenance and storage of information
In accordance with our requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998, we will adopt appropriate security procedures to help prevent unauthorised access to your information. Anthem is not liable for any attempt to hack or crack or otherwise gain access to any part of this website including any of your information.
7. A note for parents concerning privacy
This website is a general audience website. On the website, we do not currently knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of sixteen. If, in the future, we collect personally identifiable information from children on the Website, we will do so in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations including, without limitation, obtaining parental consent where necessary. The Internet offers children wonderful educational and entertainment resources. Your guidance and involvement are essential to help ensure that children have a safe and rewarding online experience. We encourage you to visit https://www.google.com/safetycenter/families/start/ and the GetNetWise website to learn more about parental control tools.
8. Updates to this Policy
9. Questions about this website and the information we hold about you
If you have any general questions about this website or the information we have collected about you and how we use it, you can contact the us at Anthem Publishing Limited, Suite 6, Piccadilly House, London Road, Bath, BA1 6PL, telephone +44 (0)1225 489984, email email@example.com. If you have any questions about your information including what we hold and how it is used, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected.
What are Cookies?
This Website may place small text files, called cookies, on your computer to distinguish you from other users of this Website. These cookies monitor how you use this Website so that we can make improvements, and are also used to give you the best user experience (for example by remembering your login details so that you do not have to enter them each time). Some cookies may also be placed by third parties, for example Facebook and Google, if you use their services via this Website to monitor how you use their services and also to target relevant advertising to you when you visit other websites on which they advertise.
In most cases, cookies do not contain personally identifiable data.
What cookies may be placed?
This Website may use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies (Type 1): these cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around this Website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of this Website. Without these cookies, certain services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Analytical/performance cookies (Type 2): these cookies allow IOP to recognise and count the number of visits to this Website and to see how visitors move around this Website when they are using it, so that we can improve how this Website works. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information.
- Functionality cookies (Type 3): these cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience; for example, your user name, language or region.
- Targeting cookies (Type 4): these cookies are placed by third parties to collect information about your browsing habits when you elect to use their services, in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests.
How do I opt-out of cookies?
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. You should note that deleting certain cookies may prevent you from accessing certain parts of this Website and/or may affect your user experience.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, and not just this Website, visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.