The new issue of MusicTech is on sale from Thursday 21st September where this month we go all out and show you how to record EVERYTHING! Across 12-pages we cover the best ways to position your microphones and accurately capture the vast majority of instruments you’ll ever need to record. To help you along the way, our Beginner’s Guide this month takes an extensive look into the world of dynamic, condenser and ribbon mics. Elsewhere we sate our inner geek with our in-depth interview with the pioneering Radiophonic Workshop, whose rich history begins way back in the early 60s, where they painstakingly created innovative soundtracks for the BBC, most notably the theme for Doctor Who. As if that wasn’t enough we’ve also assembled a special 24-page supplement full of our favourite reader and pro studio interviews, free with this issue.
MusicTech magazine 175 includes:
- How To Record Everything – 12-pages of tips and techniques on how to get the best sounds out of your instruments.
- Radiophonic Workshop Interview – We take an in-depth look at the musical legacy of Radiophonic Workshop and their first new album in 32 years
- Tutorials – Creating expressive instruments, better bass using Logic’s toolset and using drum machines with Live
- Reviews – We get hands-on with the Novation Mono Circuit, Avantone The Abbey, HRK MP568C, Heavyocity Novo: Modern Strings, Spitfire Audio Bernard Herrmann Composer Toolkit and more…
- DVD – 1GB of loops and samples, 140+ minutes of video and 2 free software plug-ins
- Studio Supplement – 24-pages of reader and pro studio interviews to get you inspired