Singapore-based startup Bethm have developed PAU, a portable drum kit that allows you to create beats on the move, with a view to adding more portable instruments…
Bethm was born out of a collective passion for music, as well as an inability to sit still. The result of this shared ethos is PAU, a new portable, pocket-sized drum kit that can channel the tapping of your feet into a tangible beat.
Housed in a lightweight casing, PAU has been designed to fit snugly into the palm of your hand. There are 7 different buttons that all produce a different drum sound, as well as a 3.5mm audio jack, so users can experiment wherever they are using either headphones or speakers. Bethm also tells us that you’ll never need take your eyes off what you’re doing to operate PAU, thanks to its clearly defined grooves.
Now live on Kickstarter, Bethm hope to not only raise the necessary funds, but to exceed expectations so they can stretch their goals. These additions include:
- Recording function – Record and save the beats you’re most proud of
- App for different sounds – A dedicated app that allows you to switch instruments
- Touch and feel – Hone PAU to feel as good as it can in your hands
- Bluetooth – Connect to speakers without the need for wires
- Colours – Add a personal touch to your PAU with the option to mix, match and customise
Pricing and Availability:
PAU is currently available for the early bird price of $59 and can be backed on Bethm’s Kickstarter page with a planned shipping date on March 2018. The first 100 backers will receive a lifetime discount of 15% off all future Bethm products.