Wave Alchemy has released SYS-100 Drums, a new library based on the iconic Japanese semi-modular synth packed with 1,584 sounds…
The 1,000+ sounds were created by compositing up to 14 individually synthesised layers, which were then processed through a range of outboard gear to create a myriad of drum sounds. Additionally, the unprocessed source samples are also included in their original recorded form giving you a more flexible sound. You’ll also find sections where all the samples bounced through ¼ analogue tape, recorded to 12-inch vinyl via Neumann VMS 70 vinyl mastering lathe and samples across 38 kits for Halion, Battery, Kontakt, NN-XT, SFZ and Logic EXS-24.
A custom built Ableton Live Pack (Live 9 and above) is also included, featuring “deep” Push integration that allows you to manipulate and modulate the sounds within Live’s Drum Rack.
Dan Byers from Wave Alchemy says: “Our goal with SYS-100 Drums was to design and create a completely new, original collection of drum sounds that sparks creativity and, in true Wave Alchemy style, punches hard and sounds full of character.”
SYS-100 Drums key features
1,584 24-bit, 100% royalty-free drum hits arranged into five sections:
- 1. Processed Drum Section
- 396 processed drum and percussive hits in true stereo (with the exception of mono kicks). Every drum is enhanced individually on a sound-by- sound basis using an extensive collection of high-end hardware processors and sound shaping tools.
- 60 beautifully designed kick drums. Full spectrum kicks with constant fundamental pitch, a first in any analogue sample library, allowing kicks to be better tuned to your mix. A selection of super short kicks, delivering maximum punch while leaving space in the mix for other elements.
- 84 snare drums and claps, all beautifully crafted and unique, including dynamically layered sounds covering a wide range of styles.
- 48 cymbals and open hats, created using unique hybrid synthesis techniques from analogue layers. Rich open hi-hats, metallic rides, huge stacked crashes, other-worldly chimes and much more.
- 48 abstract percussion and hand drums. Creative abstract percussion, hand drums, tribal-like hits, synthetic bongos, congas and more.
- 60 hats and shakers. Wide shakers, stacked closed hats and everything in between.
- 48 blocks, cows and noise. Esoteric blocks, bells, small percussion, powerful analogue noise hits from the synth’s pink and white noise generators, lush cowbells and various stacked creative percussion sounds.
- 24 toms. Unique, full-bodied analogue toms covering deep, synthetic, punchy and organic.
- 24 atmospheres. A collection of analogue drones, sweeps, abstract textures, lush sound beds and more.
- 2. Unprocessed Drum Section
- 396 24-bit unprocessed drum and percussive hits, includes all of the raw unprocessed source samples as they were originally recorded and composited, without enhancement.
- 3. Tape Drum Section
- 396 24-bit ‘tape processed’ drum and percussive hits, includes all samples bounced through a ¼ inch Studer A80 MK1 analogue tape machine for added character, tone, warmth and punch.
- 4. Vinyl Drum Section
- 396 24-bit ‘Vinyl processed’ drum and percussive hits, includes all samples bounced to 12-inch Vinyl, recorded via a classic Neumann VMS 70 vinyl mastering lathe.
- 5. Drum Kits
- 38 ready-to-play drum kits, conveniently mapped to the Battery, Halion, Kontakt, NN-XT, SFZ, Logic EXS-24 sampler formats.
Pricing and Availability:
SYS-100 Drums is available now for £32.95 from the Wave Alchemy website.