AKAI have just announced the incredible looking MPC Touch – the most advanced MPC yet with a touch screen controller which allows unprecedented control. We’ll have more info when we have it – in the meantime check out the official info below…
The newest addition to the legendary MPC series re-writes the rules with an intuitive controller featuring multi-touch display for an immersive production experience
Ash Vale, UK (October 7, 2015) — Akai Professional, a leading manufacturer of music production equipment today announces the introduction of the MPC Touch, the newest and most advanced member of their legendary MPC product line. The touch-screen controller is the result of painstaking engineering development, detailed customer research and user feedback. The result is the most capable and user-friendly music production controller Akai Professional has developed to date.
The Touch introduces a new approach to music production with an ultra fast and super intuitive workflow, powered by a radiant 7″ colour multi-touch display. Literally grab and pinch waveforms, draw midi events, adjust envelopes, chop samples, add effects and precisely set your controls using your fingertips.
Combined with the classic MPC feel, sound and award-winning pads, the Touch embodies the best elements of our past while taking music production gear into the future.
• 7″ colour multi-touch Display
• 16 velocity-sensitive thick, fat MPC pads with RGB backlighting
• 2-in/2-out audio interface
• Step Sequencer with touch interface
• XYFX control adds effects, adjusts sound dynamics in real time
• Phrase Looper, enables connection of any instrument to create loops
• Pad Mixer for setting levels, stereo panning and adding VST effects
• Sample Edit control, for trimming, chopping and processing your samples
• 4 new, performance-ready touch-sensitive controls
• Data Encoder knob, for push-and-twist control of display parameters
• Includes MPC software with over 20 GB of sound content
“Our new MPC Touch is an incredibly noteworthy event in the evolution of the Akai Professional product lineup. Years of research, customer feedback and cutting-edge engineering development has led directly to the most capable and innovative MPC we’ve ever offered,” said Dan Gill, Product
Manager for Akai Professional. “We’re known for the excellence and music-making capability of our MPC family. It’s the backbone of what we do. The MPC Touch breaks new ground in music production in terms of ease of use and on-board capability. We’re excited and proud to offer it to modern
The Akai Professional MPC Touch will be available November 2015 at Akai Professional dealers and will ship with an MSRP of £499.99.
For more information, visit akaipro.com.