DrumBrute Impact is the newest addition to the ‘Brute’ family, that promises huge sonics and incredible performance at an affordable price…
The brand new all-analogue drum machine features 10 new, tweakable drum sounds, drum-optimised output distortion, a polyrhythmic 64-step sequencer and the all-new “Color” layer, which allows you to make dramatic changes on the fly. These changes can be activated on individual channels or via programming using the sequencer, opening up new creative possibilities.
Created with live performance very much at its heart, DrumBrute Impact sports full-size controls and 8 responsive pads, which are made up of:
KICK: pounding bass drum with nice attack transients and variable pitch and decay.
SNARE 1: a big-bodied snare with great, editable snap and decay.
SNARE 2: a trashy snare with a hint of clap, with adjustable tone and decay.
TOM HIGH: simple but powerful high tom with sweepable pitch.TOM LOW: pants-shaking low tom that can get so low you could use it as a 2nd kick.
CYMBAL: zingy, metallic crash with adjustable decay.
COWBELL: a simple but effective percussive cowbell.CLOSED HAT: hard-hitting hat with variable tone that also effects the Open Hat.
OPEN HAT: open up the hat sound with changeable decay with a mute controlled by the Closed Hat.
FM DRUM: a percussive synth voice with adjustable carrier pitch, decay, FM amount, and mod pitch.
Impact also features 4 extra output buses for post-processing and multi-tracking, plus full MIDI/USB/Analogue clock I/O so you can sync in and out with modular or vintage gear, contemporary synths and outboard, as well as DAW and Arturia MCC integration via USB.
DrumBrute Impact key features:
- 10 in-your-face analog sounds: high-impact drum sounds, including a chest-pounding kick, two face-slapping snares, hi and low toms, a zingy cymbal, searing hats, a massive FM synth sound, and a cowbell.
- Powerful sequencer: 64 patterns with up to 64 steps.
- Polyrhythm: set unique pattern lengths for each instrument.
- Looper: for glitchy beat-repeats.
- Roller: add per instrument drum fills.
- Songs: chain up to 16 patterns, save up to 16 songs.
- Swing: add some groove to your rhythm, either globally or per drum.
- Randomness: add unpredictable variations to your pattern.
- Output distortion: rich, specially voiced distortion on the output to add some filth when you need it, and bypass when you don’t.
- Sync to anything: connect to practically any hardware or software instruments, sequencers, or interfaces with MIDI, clock, or USB.
- 3.5mm headphone output.
- Metronome: removed from the main output when headphones are connected, so you hear it and not your audience.
- Group outputs: 4 additional outputs to send the Kick, Snares, Hi Hats, or the FM Sound out separately for post-processing.
- Color: unique to DrumBrute Impact, “Color” can be activated per instrument, or per step. Color adds overdrive to the kick, make the snares snap and crack, and excites the hats, toms, and FM sound.
Pricing and Availability:
DrumBrute Impact is available to pre-order now with an expected release date of August 2018 costing £279/€299/$349. For further information head to the Arturia website.