Audio Technica have announced the ATM230 Hypercardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphones. Designed to capture drums and percussion, and complete the Artist Series line. Read on for the full specs…
STOW, OH, February 4, 2016 — Audio-Technica, a leading innovator in transducer technology for over 50 years, introduces the ATM230 Hypercardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone.
The ATM230 brings a model ideal for capturing drums and percussion to Audio-Technica’s popular Artist Series line. The mic’s proprietary capsule is designed to excel in high SPL applications, delivering full, well-rounded audio with an exceptional low-end.
The hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source – directionality that is aided by the mic’s low-profile design, which allows it to be placed in a wide variety of setups. ATM230 is ideally suited for miking toms, snare and other percussion instruments.
• Big, warm low-frequency response with excellent attack
• Handles very high SPL at close range
• Rare earth magnet for improved output and transient response
• Low-profile design permits versatile placement around drum kit
• Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
• Rugged, all-metal design and construction for years of trouble-free use, ATM230 Specifications:
• Element: Dynamic
• Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
• Frequency Response: 20 – 12,000 Hz
• Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
• Accessories Included: AT8665 drum mount; soft protective pouch
The Audio-Technica Artist Series ATM230 Hypercardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone will be available March 2016 with a U.S. street price of $139.00. Also available will be the ATM230PK pack with three ATM230’s with a U.S. street price of $349.00.
For more information, please visit www.audio-technica.com.