Avid have revealed an amazing new contest in collaboration with online community, Mix With The Masters. Aspiring artists will get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work with a top music industry producer in three different categories: Songwriter, Bedroom Producer or Beat Maker.
To enter, contestants will need to download Pro Tools First and submit their demo to the contest page here before April 30th. Read on for all the official info…
Contest gives Pro Tools | First users in Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa the opportunity to work with a top industry producer in three different categories: Songwriter, Bedroom Producer or Beat Maker
Avid® have announced that it has collaborated with Mix With The Masters, an online community and Seminar Series for engineers and producers, to extend Music in Motion with Pro Tools® | First to aspiring artists in Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa.
The contest gives aspiring artists a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get session time with a top music industry producer, in three different categories: Songwriter, Bedroom Producer or Beat Maker. The contest delivers on Avid EverywhereTM by enabling aspiring artists to create professional-sounding tracks using the same tools that the world’s top music professionals use.
To enter, contestants need to download Pro Tools | First, the free version of the industry-standard Pro Tools digital audio workstation and submit their demo online no later than April 30. Contestants enter their projects in the category of their choice for a chance to work with one of three chart-topping producers:
• Multi-Grammy® Award-winning producer Andrew Scheps (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Adele, Metallica, Jay-Z, Low Roar)
• Multi-Grammy Award-winning producer Tchad Blake (Arctic Monkeys, Peter Gabriel, Pearl Jam, Sheryl Crow, The Black Keys)
• Multi-platinum and gold award winner Marek Pompetzki and his partners Paul NZA and Cecil Remmler (Sido, Aloe Blacc, Miley Cyrus, Namie Amuro, Kelly Rowland).
The producers will each choose a winner and make a demo of the final song through online collaboration and all-expenses-paid studio time (Songwriter and Beat Maker categories only) or an online mixing session (Bedroom Producer category only).
The three winners will also receive a complete studio setup, featuring Pro Tools, Pro Tools | Quartet, Eleven® MK II, and Classic Compressors Bundle. Six runners up will win a Pro Tools perpetual license and a Mix With The Masters annual online subscription.
“We created Pro Tools | First to give individuals trying to break out into the industry the same music creation capabilities used by top artists and recording studios worldwide,” said Avid Chairman, President and CEO Louis Hernandez Jr. “With this contest now extended to Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa, we’re giving aspiring artists the opportunity to work with the best of the best and potentially make their music dreams come to fruition using the free version of the industry-standard audio workstation.”
Pro Tools | First is simple enough for beginners and sophisticated enough for the experienced musician. Artists can quickly turn ideas into professional-sounding songs by recording, using software instruments, and applying audio effects.
To expand their creative toolset further, the integrated Avid App Store provides a world of affordable AAX plug-ins and “First” bundles in the Avid Marketplace that make creating, shaping, and enhancing sounds quick and easy. Pro Tools | First also accommodates the mobile lifestyle of artists and aspiring pros, allowing users to save and manage sessions securely in the cloud when logged into an Avid account from any Mac or PC with Pro Tools First installed.
For more information and to enter, visit www.avid.com/musicinmotion.
• Contestants must be based in Europe, the Middle East, India or Africa only and must be 18 or over.
• The winner of the Songwriter category wins collaboration with chart-topping producer Andrew Scheps, starting online and followed by an all-expenses-paid two-day/three-night trip with studio time in Monnow Valley (UK) and a mix of this recorded song by mixer Tchad Blake.
• The winner of the Bedroom Producer category gets advice from—and their final song mixed by—hit-making engineer Tchad Blake in his studio. The winner will connect with Tchad directly online, from consulting to final mix.
• The winner of the Beat Maker category wins an online collaboration with top producers Marek Pompetzki and team, and one day of studio time in Berlin, Germany as part of an all-expenses-paid two-night trip.
• All three winners will also receive a complete studio setup, featuring Pro Tools 12, Pro Tools | Quartet, Eleven MK II, and Classic Compressors Bundle.
• Six runners up will receive a Pro Tools perpetual license.
About Mix With The Masters
Since 2010, the Mix With The Masters Program has consisted of a series of week-long music production seminars held in the south of France and conducted by A-list producers. Each seminar offers an exchange of unparalleled, in-depth, first-hand studio experience and knowledge that is not available anywhere else. Aspiring audio producers and professionals can now also become a member to get unlimited access to hundreds of videos, take advantage of unique online services such as Webinars, One-Day Seminars and much more. Visit www.mixwiththemasters.com for more information.