Keeping to its promise, Behringer dropped the trailer video for the mysterious Behringer WING this evening. After a month of teaser trailers hinting at what the enigmatic product is, the company uploaded a launching video on the Music Tribe community page.
WING is a “personal mixing console”, as described by Behringer, and features a central touch-screen display for channel editing. It also looks to be customisable with your own cushion panels, with the trailer exhibiting patterns including camo, marble and even a Nyan Cat design (presumably deadmau5 was a potential customer in mind for that one).
Below is the specs as listed in the trailer from Behringer, along with some screenshots of WING.
- 8 award-winning Midas PRO mic preamps
- 8 Midas PRO outputs
- 24 motorised 100m faders in 3 separate, fully configurable sections
- “Plug and play remote I/O connectivity for up to 144 input and output signals over 3 AES50 ports featuring Klark Tekniks SuperMAC technology for ultra-low jitter and latency
- Large main display with capacitive touch screen and adjustable display swivel wheel
- Unique touch-sensitive channel editing section with 11 rotary controls and dedicated colour TFT for staying on top of all channel properties
- Optional module for 64 x 64 channels of audio over Ethernet – supporting WAVES SoundGrid technology or Dante/AES67 Technology
- 48×48 channel USB 2.0 audio interface onboard with DAW remote control emulating HUI and Mackie Control
- Dual SD card live recorder/player with up to 64 tracks and markers for identifying song positions
- Additional 4-channel control section with rotary controls, buttons and parameter display for permanent access to mains, matrices or “money-channels”
- Premium effects rack with eight true-stereo processors and world-class TC algorithms, Lexicon, Quantec and EMT emulations.
- Standard effects rack with eight true-stereo processors for a wide array of modulation, EQ, dynamics etc. Also allows blending outboard effects to the mix.
- Five variable plug-in processing slots for all 40 stereo input channels, featuring the most iconic vintage analogue equalizers and compressors, plus insert FX slot and 4-band parametric EQ for all eight stereo aux channels.
- Custom Controls offering 16 latching or momentary buttons and four rotary controls easily being configured for preferred functions
- 4 main, 8 matrix and 16 aux stereo buses, featuring dual inserts, 8-band parametric EQ’s, stereo imager and full dynamics processing
- Two Ethernet ports with integrated switch for networked remote control
- Built-in expansion port for optional audio interface cards or digital networking bridges, MADI and ADAT/WC
- StageCONNECT 32-channel low-latency interface for personal monitoring or analogue I/O boxes, AES/EBU stereo digital inputs and outputs on balanced XLR, 8 x 8 balanced TRS phones connectors, MIDI I/o and 4 GPIO ports
- 3-year warranty programme
- Designed and engineered in Germany
At the time of writing, there is no information on price or date of availability. We expect more to be revealed by Behringer fairly soon. In the meantime, keep an eye on our news section for updates on WING.
Click here for more music technology news.