We’ve partnered with the lovely team at Brighton Music Conference to bring you a MusicTech exclusive 30% discount to this year’s BMC event in April…
The UK’s foremost electronic music conference returns for its 5th year to Brighton Dome and various venues across the city from 25 – 28 April 2018. Here’s the full programme:
- 16 Professional Programme talks and panels include: 15 Professional Programme talks and panels include: ‘Mental Health In The Electronic Music Industry; ‘Is The Underground Underground Anymore’; ‘LNADJ presents Social Responsibility with Eats Everything’; ‘Diversity Is A Reality, Inclusivity Is The Goal (in association with PRS for Music)’; ‘Interview with Irvine Welsh’; ‘Interview with Tony & Ann Andrews from Funktion One’, and more.
- 16 Academy Programme talks and panels include: 16 Academy Programme talks and panels include ‘How to get your music signed to the right label’, ‘Getting paid for your creativity’ in association with PRS For Music, ‘How Much Is Your Hearing Worth’, ‘Education – is college really worth it?’ ‘RAM Records label Q+A’, ‘Interview with Friction’, ‘Tru Thoughts label Q+A’ plus more
- Toolroom Academy takes place on Thursday 26th April with a full day of workshops, includes a demo drop
- Sonic Surgery – Hospital Records: Hospital Records launch their Sonic Surgery on Friday 26th April – a full day of production masterclasses from London Elektricity, Nu:tone, Keeno, Danny Byrd and demo drop for A&R feedback
- Focusrite / Novation will be hosting their own theatre this year in the exhibition hall. FREE access for all BMC pass holders!
- BBC Radio 1 Newsbeat will host a panel on ‘Drug testing’ and ‘Brexit’ with speakers from AFEM and Fabric joining Newsbeat’s Jimmy Black and broadcaster Danny Howard. Broadcasting LIVE from BMC
- Other speakers: Panels include speakers from PRS For Music, BPI, AIM, Association For Electronic Music (AFEM), AIF, ACS, LNADJ, Help Musicians, Fabric, SoundCloud, Virgin/EMI, Believe, SW4, Defected, Toolroom, Hospital Records, Ram Records, Tru Thoughts, Beatport, Women Produce Music, BIMM, DJ Mag, MusicTech, AEI, Funktion One, Pioneer, Ableton, This Is Global, Boiler Room, Friction, KRPT, Horus Music, Decoded Magazine, Data Transmission, Skiddle, SharpStream, KRPT, GRM Daily, LWE, Fuse, Mark Knight, Waze & Odyssey, Luke Solomon, London Elektricity, Illyus & Barrientos, Label Worx, Dean Marsh, Jules O’ Riordan and many more.
- Beatport will again deliver its Annual Report during the conference
- Networking events: 25 – 27 April at various venues across the city. More info to be announced …
- Club nights with top international & UK DJs at some of the city’s best venues, 26 – 28 April including TAKE & BMC present Eats Everything at The Arch on 26/04. More nights to follow…
Getting your tickets