Elektron has released Digitone, a polyphonic digital synthesiser which features “a powerful yet user-friendly take on FM synthesis”. Here’s Elektron with full story…
Digitone is a very special eight voice digital synthesizer. It combines a modernized FM implementation with a classic subtractive synthesis signal flow, making it a powerful source of highly unique tones and timbres. The FM sound generators have been optimized for a clean and efficient sound design process. Turn a few knobs, and something interesting and musically relevant is bound to happen.
Naturally, the world class Elektron sequencer is an integral part of Digitone. Four tracks are available for the internal sounds and four dedicated MIDI tracks stand ready for controlling external gear. Use the sequencer to quickly add chords or create melodies adhering to a specific scale. Add probability settings to individual notes. Create tracks with different lengths. Digitone makes it easy to create intricate and musical patterns.
»Digitone is the sound explorer’s choice. It is like a vortex to completely new sound territories. Its tone is so unique, and handling it is a delight. This synthesizer will take you to places you didn’t think existed«, says Jonas Hillman, CEO of Elektron.
Synth voice features
- 8 voice polyphony (multitimbral)
- Multiple FM algorithms
- 1 × multi-mode filter per voice
- 1 × base/width filter per voice
- 1 × overdrive per voice
- 2 × assignable LFO per voice
- 4 synth tracks & 4 MIDI tracks
- 1 arpeggiator per track
- Polyphonic sequencing
- Individual track lengths
- Parameter locks
- Micro timing
- Trig conditions
- Sound per step change
- Send & master effects
- Panoramic Chorus send effect
- Saturator Delay send effect
- Supervoid Reverb send effect
- Overdrive master effect
- In- and outputs
- 2 × ¼” audio input
- 2 × ¼” balanced audio output
- Headphones output
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port
- MIDI IN/OUT/THRU ports with DIN sync out
- Dimensions: W215 × D176 × H63mm (8.5 × 7.2 × 2.5’’) including knobs and rubber feet
- Ultra-crisp OLED screen (for optimal visibility in dimly lit environments)
- Tough, durable and precise rubber knobs and backlit keys good for 50 million presses
- Weight approximately 1.45 kg (3.2 lbs)
Overbridge for Digitone brings new-school FM synthesis to DAW environments. Edit Digitone parameters directly from your computer screen. Record all internal tracks individually. Overbridge greatly enhances the Digitone workflow.
Overbridge for Digitone will be released later this year. Stay tuned for more information. Learn more about Overbridge at Elektron.se
Digitakt Online Interactive Demo
Pricing & Availability:
Digitone is available now for $759/€779/£699 either from the Elektron website or from retailers carrying the Elektron range of products.