Elektron has launched the Model:Samples, a plug-and-play six-track groovebox with a suite of features.
Weighing in at under a kilogram, the new device is perfect for the creator on the move. Despite its compact size, it’s designed to work with high quality digital samples: comes with 300 preset sounds by Splice, ranging from familiar stuff like kicks and snares to some unconventional ones.
Another highlight of the Model:Samples is its tactile control system. It makes use of a knob-per-function design, which could well make it a modern classic. Every function is laid out in front of you, clearly labeled, so all you have to do is twist. There are also six buttons that correspond to the six loadable samples, making things very user-friendly.
Here are some of the other key features:
- Control All lets you twist your sounds to oblivion. Reload takes you back to the start
- Use Parameter Locks to automate parameters. Each step can have a totally different sound
- Write basslines and melodies using Chromatic Mode
- Chance determines whether the sequencer steps on a track are triggered or not. Together, Chance and the Control All functionality can lead to interesting results
- Record sequences with or without quantisation. Steps can be micro-timed with individual swing control per track
- Individual Step Length per track
- Individual Tempo Multiplier per track
- Class compliant USB audio 2.0
Watch our demo above to learn more.
Retails at $449. Available from February. More information at elektron.se.