Last year, IK Multimedia’s AmpliTube desktop software was beefed up with the Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection. The same collection is now available on the AmpliTube CS apps for iPad and iPhone, comprising nine models sampled from gear used on Pantera’s Cowboys From Hell.
The nine models include emulations of two amplifiers, two cabinets and five stompboxes used by Dimebag on his Cowboys From Hell rig. To get a more accurate profile of the late guitarist’s tone on the classic album, IK Multimedia roped in his long-time guitar tech, Grady Champion.
Here’s a snapshot of all nine models:
Four amplifiers and cabinets:
- Darrell 100: Modelled after the Randal RG 100 ES solid-state unit, which Dimebag used in his early Pantera days
- Jazz Amp 120 CFH: Based on the 1986 Roland JC-120 combo amp, which was used on Cemetery Gates
- Darrell 412: Modelled after the Randall 412JB
- JP Jazz CFH: Stereo cabinet of aforementioned Roland JC120 model
Available individually for $6.99 or as part of an All-Amp Bundle for $49.99.
- Flanger Doubler: Based on MXR’s Flanger Doubler, offers two effects in one
- Dime Wah: Based on Dunlop’s Cry Baby GCB95, “Modelled with precise attention to Dimebag’s lead tones”, according to IK Multimedia
- Dime Noise Gate: Based on Rocktron’s Hush IIB model, touted as “fast and responsive”
- 6-Band EQ: Modelled after an MXR pedal, helps to sculpt and boost sound before amp stage
- Pre EQ 3: A three-band parametric EQ modelled after Furman’s PQ-3, offers flexible sound-shaping
Available individually for $3.99 or as part of an All-FX Bundle for $49.99.
Recall the collection’s sounds below:
The collection as an in-app purchase at $19.99. Also available as an All-In bundle for $149.99. More information at ikmultimedia.com.