IK Multimedia has released an AmpliTube collection that promises to unlock the iconic guitar tones of Queen’s Brian May.
Available as an app and a DAW plug-in, AmpliTube Brian May features emulations of the guitars, amplifiers, cabinets and effects pedals used by the legendary Queen guitarist – all of which have been designed in collaboration with May himself. The collection is powered by IK’s Dynamic Interaction Modeling technology, which the brand claims to provide “ultra-realistic sound”.
The pack features two amplifiers, three cabinets and six stompboxes. These include a Vox AC30, treble booster and wah pedals, as well as May’s legendary Red Special guitar, which is modelled as an effect. There’s also a selection of presets that are based on Queen’s discography – so you can dial up the guitar tone of the Under Pressure riff instantly.
Here are the details:
- BM 30: This amp is based on May’s triple Vox AC30 setup, which chains together three amps in a wet-dry-wet configuration.
- BM DK: A model of the pint-sized ‘Deacy’ amp.
- 2×12 BM 30 Blue: A triple cab, with Celestion Alnico Blue speakers, that’s based on that of the above-mentioned AC30.
- 2×12 BM 30 H70: Similar to the Blue, but with Celestion G12H Anniversary speakers.
- 1×6 BM DK: A six-inch speaker for the BM DK.
- The Red Special: This effect gives you the tone and controls of May’s signature guitar.
- Treble Booster: Based on the KAT Treble Booster, this boosts your tone before it reaches the amp.
- May Wah: Modelled on the rackmount Dunlop Cry Baby wah that May favours.
- FOX Phaser: An emulation of the fOXX Foot Phaser.
- Star Gate: A noise gate to clean up the signal chain.
The AmpliTube Brian May is available for $/€99.99 (app) and $19.99 (iOS). More info here.