Korg have unveiled the latest in their Volca range of synths – the volca FM is a three-voice digital synth that reproduces the classic sound of an old-school FM synthesizer. Read on for more info…
The volca FM is a three-voice digital FM synthesizer that completely reproduces the sound engine of a classic FM synthesizer, and provides compatibility with it as well. The unique volca interface makes it easy to manipulate distinctive FM sounds even if you’re not familiar with the complexities of FM synthesis. The 16-step sequencer that’s one of volca’s features provides new functions such as WARP ACTIVE STEP and PATTERN CHAIN that let you make even more powerful rhythm patterns.
– A polyphonic digital synthesizer that completely reproduces a classic FM sound engine.
– True FM synthesis
– 3-voice polyphonic FM synthesizer, fully compatible with classic unit
– Super-easy sound editing
– Onboard CHORUS effect
– Volca-style sequencing and more
– 16-step sequencer allows to automate each parameters
– WARP ACTIVE STEP, ARPEGGIATOR and PATTERN CHAIN make crazy looping rhythms and patterns
– High playability
– Synchronize two volca FM units
– Compact size, battery operation, and built-in speaker