We, like the rest of the world, were overwhelmingly saddened by the death of musical pioneer and cultural icon David Bowie. Fortunately we were able to channel our sadness into this amazing, 132-page, tribute magazine, Classic Pop Presents: Bowie – A Celebration.
We’re quite confident in saying that this is the best Bowie-bookazine there’s ever been. It features huge, brand new features giving equal weight to each era, a series on Bowie’s closest collaborators and mini-features on key albums, videos and film performances. It incorporates interviews that we conducted with Tony Visconti, Ken Scott, Carmine Rojas, Paul Trynka and a beautifully written afterword from Bowie’s longest serving musical collaborator, the amazing Carlos Alomar
- Massive, brand new, era-by-era Features on David Bowie’s life and musical output, written by MusicTech’s Andy Price and John Pickford (along with Classic Pop‘s Pierre Perrone and Paul Lester)
- Closest collaborators highlighted
- Fashion – how Bowie made pop a visual medium
- How to world reacted to his death
- Highlighted boxes covering important albums, films, videos and more…
Featuring contributions from MusicTech stalwarts (and big Bowie fans) John Pickford and Andy Price (who also acted as Consultant Editor) Bowie – A Celebration is a musically focused, lasting tribute to the immense body of work this amazing artist created.
On sale today, 2nd February, for £6.99 (UK). Find it in WHSmiths (Easons), Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Budgens or independent newsagents in the UK, and Barnes & Noble, Books A Million and Book World in the US.
Also available to buy direct from us here (hurry, while stocks last!), or as a digital edition for £4.99 (UK) within the Classic Pop app (search in your app store for Classic Popand download the app for free) or via Pocketmags here.