The new issue of MusicTech is on sale from Thursday 17th August and we’re honoured to be the first magazine to present a feature on the brand new studio facilities at the legendary Abbey Road studios: The Gatehouse and the Penthouse. To mark this occasion we bring you a giant Abbey Road special, featuring a studio tour, a COMPLETE gear list, an interview with iconic producer John Leckie (who begun his career at AR) as well as hands on tutorials designed to show you how to re-create the Abbey Road sound at home! We’ve also got a disc packed with Abbey Road related video content for you to feast your eyes on. Elsewhere this issue we have features looking at the history of the Korg MonoPoly, 6 ways to cheat at making music as well as our usual plethora of reviews including the Pioneer Toraiz AS-1 and Novation Circuit 1.5 and a wide range of tutorial content.
MusicTech Magazine Issue 174 Includes
- Inside Abbey Road – Our huge feature explores the greatest studio in the world’s history, present and future!
- John Leckie Interview – We speak to the legendary Radiohead, Stone Roses and Muse producer about his career and production ethos
- Get the Abbey Road Sound – How to get the classic sound at home
- Back to the Future: Korg MonoPoly – We look back at an iconic piece of tech
- 6 Ways to Cheat at Making Music – How to cut corners and make things easier
- 6 of the Best Keyboard Synths – Our roundup of the most impressive key synths we’ve looked at recently
- Reviews – This month we look at the Pioneer Toriaz AS-1, Novation Circuit 1.5, Audio-Technica ATM 350A, Eventide Fission, RME ARC USB and much more…
- Tutorials – We show you how to create dance music build-ups in Logic, how to improve your modular workflow and all about ADSR in Ableton Live
- DVD – Abbey Road special! We present video guides on reproducing the authentic sound of the iconic studio as well as our usual samples, videos and software!