It’s that time again – time to round up our favourite products of the year and boy, have there been some absolutely amazing products through our door this year. Issue 166 celebrates the best of the best with our Gear of the Year winners (and highly commended products) collected and discussed. Also in this issue we present a massive feature exploring how to record an orchestra. We interview game composer Jason Graves about recording skulls for FarCry: Primal and many more. Plus reviews of the Roland Boutique 303, 909 and VP-330, the GIK acoustic Alpha Range, RME Fireface UFX and much more. Tutorials for Logic, Ableton Live and Modular. A whopping DVD with over 4GB of samples and also, if that wasn’t enough, our beginners guide supplement comes free with this issue, highlighting everything you need to start recording!
This month’s MusicTech Magazine Includes
- Gear of the Year – The best studio gear of 2016
- Boutique Beauty – The 303 and 909 are back again!
- How to Record and Orchestra – we explain how to handle this complex task
- Back to the Future – The Sequential Circuits Pro One
- Reviews – This month we review Sound Radix SurferEQ 2, GIK Acoustic Alpha Range, RME Fireface UFX and a Gary Numan Documentary…
- Tutorials – In depth guides to better recording in Logic, drum rack heaven in Ableton and filtering with Modular
- DVD – 4GB of content including sweeping pads, progressive EDM kits, 2 hours of video and 2 free plug-ins!
- Supplement – A great beginners guide supplement comes bundled with this issue, with all you need to understand the basics of music production!