In this issue, we’ve amassed the ultimate collection of professional advice on all things music; whether that’s creating, recording, mixing, mastering or everything in between. Compiled from our interviews with such luminaries as John Leckie, Tony Visconti and Gary Numan, we’ve also got tips and alternative approaches from our (both pro and amateur) music-making audience. We hope this feature provides some inspiration for your creative studio endeavours. Also this issue, we chat to Catherine J Marks, a producer with some seriously impressive credits to her name and a nominee for this year’s MPG Producer Of The Year. We also spend some time with The Flashbulb, whose beautiful studio in the natural tranquility of Georgia is a thing to behold. We wrap up our A-Z series with Gear4Music, which is chock full of all the key terms and techniques that you need to know. We’ve also got our usual vast array of reviews and hands-on tutorial content, as well as an extensive guide to creating music on the move with an iPhone or iPad. We hope you enjoy the issue…
MusicTech Issue 179 includes:
- 70 Pro Tips – Expert advice and guidance from top minds in this roundup of pro advice.
- The A-Z of Music-Making Pt. 3 – Top producer Marc JB completes his guide to music-production jargon.
- Interviews – Rising studio star Catherine J Marks discusses her production techniques and Benn Jordan (The Flashbulb) offers insight into his distinguished career creating electronic music with a host of varied influences.
- Tutorials – Erin Barra talks Mixing for Millennials in part 4 of her contemporary music production series, Martin Delaney looks at workflow and arrangement view tweaks in Ableton Live 10 and Mark Cousins shows us how to integrate hardware synths with Logic Pro X.
- Reviews – We review the Korg Kross 2, Orchestral Tools Metropolis Ark, Lewitt Audio LCT 240 PRO and LCT 440 PURE, Arturia KeyLab Essential 49, Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands and many more…
- The Essential Guide – Learn how to make music on the move PLUS our comprehensive iOS budget-based Buyer’s Guide.
- DVD – 4GB of loops, video tutorials, workshops and samples.