Newly announced today by SPL: It looks like this forthcoming monitor controller and audio interface hybrid could make for an excellent hub for all your connectivity, especially if you use more two sets of monitors
The SPL Crimson combines a USB interface with high-quality preamps and a separate, fully-featured monitor controller. You can play and play back, record and convert, control and listen with one single device.
So all you essentially need for a truly professional recording setup is the Crimson and DAW.
- 30 I/O channels (10 recording channels and 20 playback channels)
- +/- 18V operational voltage for professional levels up to +24dB
- Two boutique level, discrete Class A, +/-30V high-voltage mic-preamplifiers
- Two Hi-Z instrument preamplifiers
- Two separate headphones amps, individually controllable
- Connect and control two stereo speaker sets
- Monitor signal mix function for playback and recording paths
- MIDI input and output via two DIN sockets
- USB 2.0, S/P-DIF input and output
- 24Bit/192kHz converter
RRP €549.00 EURO (including German VAT) / $725.00 USD
Availability scheduled for July 2013.
More information at spl.info