Spectrasonics have announced the follow up to their famed virtual instrument Omnisphere. Read on for more info…
LA based sound design and software developers Spectrasonics have unveiled the much anticipated follow up to their multi-award winning virtual instrument Omnisphere at the 2015 NAMM show in Anaheim, California.
Due for release on April 30th, Omnisphere 2.0 boasts a truly gargantuan set of new features including audio import, lots of new waveforms, wavetable and granular synthesis, additional sounds and FX and enhanced browsing functionality.
Other stand out features include:
– Audio Import – Use your own audio file as a soundsource in Omnisphere
– Over 400 New DSP Waveforms for the Synth Oscillator – an increase of 100X
– 8 New Filter Types – New Power Filters, Vowel, Resonators
– Now includes over 10,000 sounds
– More than 3,000 New patches and soundsources from acclaimed Spectrasonics Sound Design Team
– Redesigned Wider User Interface with many improvements
– New Mini-Browser available at all times
– Larger Full Browser Design
– Sound Match™ feature instantly locates any related sounds in the librarySound Lock™ allows endless useful variations by locking sound aspects while you browse
– Easy Sound/Project Sharing for collaborators and third party libraries
– 25 New FX Units
– Flexible New FX Features including 16 FX units per patch
Omnisphere 2.0 GBP pricing is TBC and there will be an upgrade path for existing Omnisphere users.
There will be a free grace period upgrade to Omnisphere 2.0 for any purchases of Omnisphere from October 2014 thru May 2015.
Find out more at: http://www.timespace.com/omnisphere2