Korg has revealed the Prologue, a multi-timbre, multi-voice, multi-engine synth that comes in 49 and 61 key versions. Here’s Korg with everything you need to know…
Prologue key features
- 16/8-voice analog synthesizer circuit.
- Newly developed multi-engine equipped with three types: noise, VPM, and user.
- High-quality digital effects.。
- An open API (Application Programming Interface) for user-created oscillators and effects。
- Newly developed L.F. COMP. (Low Frequency Compressor) analog effect (prologue-16 only).
- Bi-timbre support.
- Voice modes that allow voices to be flexibly recombined.
- Arpeggiator equipped with a variety of types and range settings.
- Program Sort allows rapid access to 500 programs.
- Japanese-made high-quality natural touch keyboard.
- Oscilloscope function shows the waveform visually.
- Tough and stylish body made of aluminum and wood.
- Sync with another groove machine to enjoy jam sessions.
- Lineup includes a 16-voice 61-key model and an eight-voice 49-key model.
- 16/8-voice analog sound
This fully-programmable, fully-featured professional synth is Korg’s long-awaited full-sized polyphonic analog flagship, equipped with a full 49 or 61 keys, powerful discrete circuitry, a newly developed open-source multi engine, and stunning DSP-based effects.
The Prologue is available in either 8 voice (49 key) or 16 voice (61 key) models with multi-timbral zoning options, as well as multi-effects presented with an intuitive interface, improving on its predecessors, plus Korg’s best full-size synth action, also found in Korg’s popular Kronos workstation.
The new prologue is a two-timbre synth that allows two different programs to be played simultaneously. In addition to layer and split, the Prologue provides four voice modes:Poly, Mono, Unison or Chord, allowing the user to freely combine the 16 or 8 voices for performances.
The dual effects section includes Modand Delay/Reverb, each with areas for user-created algorithms. Perhaps the most impressive component to the new model is the user-creatable oscillators and effects, for a never-before-seen level of customization and sonic possibilities. Users can program their own oscillators and effects or download fresh and exciting code created by others to use on their own Prologue.
Korg’s Prologue will make its debut at the 2018 WNAMM show at the Korg USA booth; #8802 in Hall B.
Pricing and Availability:
The Prologue will go on sale in January 2018, with the 49 key model costing $1499.99 and the 61 key model costing $1999.99. For full information and specifications check out the product page.