Allen and Heath have unveiled their new range of mixing consoles at this years InfoCom13 – the new products launched include the GLD-112, a new larger variant of the highly acclaimed GLD-80 digital mixer
The new desk features an extra bank of 8 control strips, increasing the channel count to 28 fader strips over 4 layers. More info can be found at the above link, also launched by Allen and Heath is the MixWizard 4 – designed to be ‘the next generation of the industry standard 19″ rack mountable analogue mixers.
Finally AandH have showcased the Qu-16: the new rack mountable digital mixer that apparently promises big things in the way of installation, live sound and recording
Check out the official press releases for all three below, we’ll be bringing you our reviews soon!
GLD-112 has an analogue-style channel processing control section complemented by a graphical 8.4 inch touch screen. A fully-customisable drag ‘n drop layout allows quick and easy assignment of inputs and mixes to fader strips. There are 28 fader strips in 4 layers, each with motorised fader, a channel LCD display which can be named and colour-coded, plus a rotary control for direct access to gain, pan and aux/FX sends. The mixer‘s local I/O comprises 4 XLR mic/line inputs, 4 XLR line outs, 4 RCA inputs, 2 RCA outputs, and digital outputs in SPDIF and AES3 formats.
GLD-112 connects to a range of plug ‘n play I/O racks to ‘build’ 28, 36 or 44 mic input systems. A primary AR2412 rack (24 XLR inputs, 12 XLR outs) and up to two AR84 expander racks (8 XLR inputs, 4 XLR outs each) can be connected over 120m CAT5 runs using A&H’s dSNAKE protocol. dSNAKE provides control to the remote preamp, and all mic preamps are scene recallable. AR2412 also includes a connection for personal monitoring systems.
GLD has the ability to record and playback a stereo signal on a USB memory stick. Standard iLive audio I/O option cards for Dante, MADI, EtherSound and Allen & Heath’s ACE protocols can be fitted, allowing multi-channel record/playback, FOH/monitor splits, and connection to A&H iLive systems, which can easily be configured using GLD’s extensive soft-patching.
The GLD Remote app provides wireless control for GLD-112, giving the engineer the freedom to walk the room or stage and control the sound right where it is needed. GLD-112 and GLD Remote can work together to provide simultaneous control of independent functions, for example one engineer using the console to mix FoH sound and another using the iPad to mix monitors on stage.
GLD is fully compatible with the ME Personal Mixing System.
• Compact digital mixer with scalable, remote I/O
• Systems from 4 to 44 mics
• Easy to use, quick to access, analogue style interface
• dSNAKE Cat5 digital snake—up to 120m cable length
• 8.4 inch colour touchscreen for graphical view and setup
• 28 faders, 4 layers, 112 channel strips in a freely customizable layout
• 48 input channels into 30 assignable buses (Aux, Group, Matrix, Main, FX Send) into 20 mix outputs
• 8 stereo RackFX engines* with dedicated ‘short’ returns with 4-band PEQ
• Full processing on all inputs including trim, polarity, HPF, insert, gate, 4-band PEQ, compressor and delay
• Full processing on all outputs including insert, PEQ, GEQ, compressor and delay
• LR, None (monitors), LR+M (sum), LR+M (bus), LCR main mix modes
• 16 DCAs / mute groups
• Built-in Talkback, RTA and Signal Generator
• I/O module options for FOH/Monitor split, multitrack recording, link to iLive and more
• MIDI In/Out and Ethernet Network port
• AviomTM Pro16 compatible Monitor port on main AudioRack
• High end 1dB step recallable mic/line preamps
• User definable channel names and colours
• Engineer’s mono Wedge and stereo IEM strips
• Input, output and insert soft patchbays
• Quick copy, paste and reset of mixes and parameters
• Libraries, Scenes and Show memories with USB transfer
• Get started quickly with Template Shows
• 14 assignable SoftKeys for scene recall, DCA mutes and more
The Mixwizard 4 series is Designed as a uniquely versatile live sound mixer, WZ4 14:4:2 is equally at home at Front of House, on Monitors, or doubling up to fill both roles at once.
WZ4 14:4:2 features our acclaimed 4 band EQ with 2 sweepable mids, high quality 100mm faders, 6 aux sends, 12 segment bargraph metering and our unique QCC connector system for easy desktop, rack or flightcase mounting.
This 4th generation MixWizard console now has the option to fit a multichannel USB interface with high quality 16 channel soundcard for easy multitrack recording and 2-track playback.
If you’re looking for professional grade, all-purpose analogue mixers in a compact, rack mountable frame, the MixWizards continue to set the bar.
Qu-16 takes compact digital mixing to a new level with innovative design and exceptional functionality combining to create a superb professional mixing experience. Bristling with all the features you’d expect from a top of the range digital console and incorporating technologies pioneered on our GLD and iLive digital mixing systems, Qu-16 has the power and pedigree to deliver class-leading audio performance. Whether you’re switching from analogue or updating your digital desk, it’s time to experience the new digital with Qu-16.
- 16 Mono Inputs (TRS + XLR)
- 3 Stereo Inputs (TRS)
- 4 Stereo FX Returns
- 16 Busses
- 12 Mix Outputs (LR, Mono Mix 1-4, Stereo Mix 1-3)
- 4 FX Engines
- AES Digital Out
- 19” Rack Mountable
- Moving Faders
- Recallable AnaLOGIQ Preamps
- Qu-Drive direct Multitrack Recording / Playback on USB drives
- 800×480 Touchscreen
- iLive FX Library
- dSNAKE Remote Audio Port
- Compatible with ME Personal Mixing System
- Qu-Pad iPad App
- USB Audio Streaming
- DAW MIDI Control
- 4 Mute Groups
- Trim, polarity, HPF, gate, insert, 4-band PEQ, compressor and delay on all Inputs
- Insert, 1/3 octave GEQ, compressor and delay on Main LR and Mono Mix outputs
- Insert, 4-band PEQ, compressor and delay on Stereo Mix outputs
- Built-in Signal Generator