Nord have announced a major update to their Nord Drum 2 percussion synthesiser, the new update fixes a few bugs and adds a range of new features to the already feature-packed drum programmer.
The new improvements include the addition of FM Synthesis, MIDI CC control and a higher memory capacity. See below for the full info about this update:
Nord are pleased to announce a major software update for the Nord Drum 2 modelling percussion synthesiser. The new OS v2.10 is an extensive update that in addition to fixing some bugs adds several mazing new features to the Drum 2 including:
• FM-Synthesis added to the Tone Section, with 6 different FM-algorithms
• MIDI CC-control of all parameters
• A new MIDI Mode that lets you play each channel the Nord Drum 2 in a pitched manner with a MIDI keyboard/sequencer
• Doubled memory capacity! The memory area has been reorganized into 8 banks with 50 program locations each (400 locations in total).
• Introducing the Nord Drum 2 Manager for Mac/Win – easily transfer and backup Nord Drum 2 Banks
• 4 new Filter types in the Noise Section: High Pass 12/24dB, Low Pass 12dB and Band Pass 6dB
• Improved Hand Clap mode
• Dynamic Curves for pads and triggers
• Plus much more!
Head on over to the download page on the Nord Drum 2 website to get the new version! There you’ll also find the new, updated manual that explains all the new features in detail, as well as reworked Factory Sounds Banks with lots of great new programs!
About the Nord Drum 2
The Nord Drum 2 is a one of a kind drum synthesizer for drummers, percussionists and producers seeking unique and playable percussive sounds.
With an extremely lively dynamic response, flexible connectivity and a broad sound palette ranging from classic synthetic drums to life-like tuned percussion and acoustic drums, the Nord Drum 2 is both an inspiring instrument and an infinite source of sounds.