Novation have just unveiled the latest version of the Launchpad for iOS – this new improved version of the ever popular mobile controller is now chock full of innovative features such as Ableton Link support. Read on for info…
Now with real-time tempo changing and Ableton Link support, iOS music making gets serious.
Launchpad for iOS has become one of the most important music making and remixing apps on the app store. Today, it sees the most significant update since its release.
Watch the promo video here:
Change Tempo in real-time
With a brand new real-time stretch engine, you can now change tempo in real-time – without changing key. Mobile music makers can now use Launchpad for iOS as an addition to any DJ rig, live performance setup, or simply just for even more fun. The effects have been redesigned to adapt intelligently as the tempo changes, included as a free update.
Jam in Sync with Ableton Link
The new version of Launchpad for iOS also sees the arrival of Ableton Link support, letting you jam in sync with other apps, devices and Ableton Live. Now you can sync Launchpad for iOS to your DJ sets whilst creating tempo changes throughout, adding all kinds of possibilities to your remixes and performances. The new tempo control allows you to accurately change tempo with step change by bpm, or tap tempo to find your groove.
With the addition of the new real-time stretch engine, Link integration, and powerful effects which dynamically adjust to your performance, Launchpad for iOS V2.0 is now more powerful than ever.
The new Launchpad for iOS is a free update and is available now from the app store.
• New real-time stretch audio engine – Change tempo while playing
• Ableton Link support – Jam in sync with your other apps, devices or laptop
• New tempo control – Show tempo with inc & dec, tap tempo and reset
• Updated effects – Now adapt intelligently as the tempo changes
• Share more easily – With ‘Open in’ to easily export your recordings
• A free update for all iPhone and iPad users
Other recent updates
• MIDI Sync Output – Sync external hardware using MIDI
• AudioShare Support – Import audio from the popular app
• Full view mode – Use both the mixer and pads at the same time
• Over 100 Soundpacks – Now available in the soundpack store
• Ninja Tune x Launchpad – Access to Artist Series Soundpacks
• Various bug updates
About Blocs x Novation
The Blocs team grew out of Focusrite & Novation, where they were responsible for previous innovations such as the original Launchpad hardware and the Launchpad for iOS app. They are now based at Tileyard Studios in Kings Cross, London. Learn more about them here [http://blocs.cc/about]
• Get Launchpad for iOShttps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/novation-launchpad/id584362474?mt=8
• Watch the promo video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfdQCe2-yFs
• Watch the tutorial video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1cDpB1se-c
• App Price: Free (In-App Purchase of Soundpacks and FX)
• Website with further product information here: http://www.launchpadforios.com/launchpad_realtime
• Download Press Pack here with Hi-res Images: HiRes Image Pack Download
• Want to try the app? Or get codes for a competition? Contact us: email@example.com