Pioneer DJ and Dave Smith have collaborated to create the TORAIZ AS-1, an analogue synth designed for both music production and live performance…
Following on from the launch of the TORAIZ SP-16 live sampler last August this marks the second musical instrument in the TORAIZ series, which promises to bring a host of creative possibilities to both the studio and stage.
Here’s what Pioneer has to say about it.
The TORAIZ AS-1 is driven by a fully programmable, true analog synthesis engine based on the discrete analog circuitry in Dave Smith Instruments’ Prophet-6 synthesizer. It produces powerful analog audio and features intuitive controls that let you create your own personalised sound. You can use the touchpad-style keyboard and slider to manipulate sounds during performances and it’s easy to control the seven on-board effects, which – with the addition of a brand-new digital distortion – come from the Prophet-6 synth.
You can connect the TORAIZ AS-1 synth to the TORAIZ SP-16 live sampler via MIDI and use the sampler’s sophisticated sequencer to create even more complex patterns with the sounds you’ve created in the synthesizer.
The TORAIZ AS-1 will be available from March 2017 at an SRP of €549 including VAT and you can find out further information from Pioneer’s site here.
- True analog sound from Dave Smith Instruments’ Prophet-6
- Two voltage-controlled oscillators
- Two voltage-controlled filters
- Two envelope generators
- Voltage-controlled amplifier and low-frequency oscillator
- Full programmability with 495 presets, 495 user programs and Quick Program
- Dual FX engine with seven FX (six from the Dave Smith Instruments Prophet-6 synth)
- Touchpad-style keyboard and slider
- Scale Mode
- 64-step sequencer with Sequence Lock
- Bright OLED display
- Easy connection to a PC/Mac or an external MIDI device
- Robust metal chassis
Watch the video below for an introduction to TORAIZ AS-1.