iZotope has revealed Spire Studio, their first piece of audio hardware, which promises to simplify the recording and editing process…
So what exactly is Spire Studio? Well, we’re told it’s an intelligent, versatile, wireless audio device that “enables songwriters and musicians of all genres to capture, edit, and collaborate seamlessly – at home, or on the road.”
An alternative to traditional recording setups, the device has a built-in microphone and is powered by a rechargeable battery that iZotope tell us lasts over four hours and has enough memory for 6 hours of recordings. The device can be integrated with the Spire app using the built-in Wi-Fi, allowing you to share and collaborate with friends as well as exporting stems to your DAW.
“The product journey started on a personal note –playing music with my wife. We decided we wanted to make a recording but all of the technology got in the way,” explained iZotope co-founder and CEO, Mark Ethier. “What should have been a fun, creative moment turned into a headache, and in the end, we left for dinner without capturing a single note. Spire Studio was designed from the ground up to solve this problem. At iZotope, we’re using the latest technology to make high quality recording easy and inspirational with the goal to help musicians focus on their creative vision and not the technical aspects behind it.”
See how it works below:
Spire Studio key features
- Internal studio-quality microphone for a professional sound
- Automatically set recording levels with a single button to eliminate set-up time and distorted sounds
- Record with a wealth of creative effects such as reverbs, delays, and amp models with zero-latency monitoring
- iZotope’s award-winning intelligent sound processing technology gives recordings professional polish
- Add depth to your song by layering up to eight tracks per project
- Ditch the cables with a built-in Wi-Fi connection from Spire Studio to the Spire app
- Battery operated so you can record for hours on the go
- Grace Design preamps for pristine clarity
- Two combo jacks for plugging in your instruments or mics with +48 V phantom power
- Automatically sync tracks between hardware and software for seamless version control
- LED touchscreen to adjust volume, mute, and delete tracks without slowing your creative flow
- Intuitive mixing and editing helps create a polished song ready to share
- Collaborate on projects with bandmates anywhere in the world — straight from your iPhone
- Easily export your music to a computer or favorite audio editing software like Pro Tools, iMovie, and Logic, or upload to storage platforms like iCloud, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
- Capabilities will also expand over time with continued updates from iZotope.
Pricing and Availability:
Spire Studio will cost $349 upon release, which is due Autumn 2017, exclusively in the US. Release in other territories is planned, though no more details are available at this time. For more information head here.