COMPETITION NOW CLOSED: In our latest competition in association with our good friends at Nektar, we’re offering a lucky entrant the chance to win the Impact LX+ 88 key keyboard controller while a runner up will get their hands on the 61 key version of the same controller, dubbed ‘The ideal performance controller’ The Impact LX+ 88 retails at £269.99 (€307.41) while the 61 goes for a not inconsiderable £169.99 (€193.53)
• Hooks up automatically to 10 major DAWS: Bitwig, Cubase/Nuendo, Digital Performer, FL Studio, GarageBand, Logic, Reaper, Reason, Sonar and StudioOne
• Control your DAW from the Impact LX+ hardware controls: Transport controls, Mixer window and VST instruments
• Keyboard with velocity with 4 velocity curves (3x fixed) / Octave Shift & Transpose Buttons
• Plenty of knobs: Nine 30mm faders, nine MIDI buttons and eight encoders.
• Pads: 8 velocity-sensitive backlit pads with 4 colour LED illumination. “Pad Learn” feature which allows you to select a pad, select the required sound by playing it on the MIDI-keyboard – assignment done! No complex menus…
• Instrument mode assigns all controls to instrument parameters once an instrument track is selected in your DAW. Many devices are pre-mapped to match the blue synthesiser control labels on the Impact LX+. Another nice detail: The faders may be flipped into drawbar mode to control your virtual organ.
• Quick grab feature to assign instrument parameters on the fly, including faders, buttons and 2 page assignments. Of course those assignments can also be saved into maps at the click of a button.
• Soft-Takeover for many supported DAWs eliminates parameter jumping. Display indicates whether parameter should be moved up or down to take over parameter value.
• Control settings may be stored in 5 on-board presets for recall at any time
• Extensive MIDI programming options
• Only LX88+: Layer & Split mode for keyboard – keyboard can send on up to 3 zones at the same time / Physical MIDI-Out socket
Read our full competition T&C’s here