After trickling out details and teasing the masses, Yamaha has finally revealed the Genos workstation synth, which they claim has the power to be the ultimate songwriting and performance keyboard…
Here’s what Yamaha had to say about Genos.
2nd October, 2017 – It offers countless possibilities to create, play, arrange, record and perform ensuring it will be hugely popular among musicians from all genres.
From November 2017, Genos will be available for purchase in music stores.
An international team of developers were responsible for its technical capabilities, its software and its design. They pooled the expertise of decades of experience, and developed an absolutely exceptional instrument of the highest standard with superior sound quality.
The device’s sophisticated properties include more than 1,700 authentic instrument sounds, 550 backing tracks, inspiring multipads and arpeggios, effect processors of excellent studio quality as well as audio and midi player.
Specifically developed by YAMAHA for the Genos keyboard is a new operating system at work behind the intuitive user interface, the live control section with context-related sub-display, the playlist with search function, the assignable buttons, and the quick-access functions in the main display.
Genos will undoubtedly enrich the works of professional musicians, producers, and DJs, giving access through one single instrument to an almost infinite musical cosmos in creative and intuitive ways.
Thanks to the ergonomically shaped user interface with integrated touchscreen and real-time control, musical ideas are implemented within a few minutes and ready to be shared with others. At the same time, the new keyboard has also been designed with the home musician in mind. Genos is made for literally everyone who enjoys creating and arranging sounds and styles in all genres. From Orchestral to Dance, the whole range of contemporary music is offered in various categories.
With the Genos concept, YAMAHA hopes to inspire huge numbers of musicians who will be able to realise their own enthusiasm for music at the highest level with the new digital workstation keyboard, whether it is in a studio, on stage or at home.
Yamaha Genos key features
- FSX semi-weighted premium keyboard action with aftertouch, enhanced touch response for very expressive playing, and high-precision, durable construction.
- Dual Song Player lets the user crossfade smoothly between two audio Songs (or one audio and one MIDI Song).
- Play back Songs continuously using Song List function.
- Arpeggios add 216 motifs and riffs to performances using MegaVoices, going far beyond the abilities of traditional arpeggiators.
- Vocal Harmony and Synth Vocoder: Apply realistic multi-part harmonies to a vocal coming through the mic input, or use the Synth Vocoder for classic “robot voice” effects.
- Premium Packs to expand Genos’ capability by adding new Voices, Styles, and more, including even higher-quality content than the factory presets. Yamaha Expansion manager for Mac and PC.
- Personal Packs to manage Voice, Style, Song, and Registration content efficiently.
- Huge 1.8 GB of internal, non-volatile Flash memory.
- WAV, AIFF, SoundFont, and even REX support for creating original Voices and Drum Kits.
- XLR-1/4” combo mic input with phantom power.
- Four sub outputs allow routing of different aspects of the performance to different listening destinations, mixer channels, etc.
- Downloadable Cloud Audio Recorder app (iOS) to record via WiFi and share via SoundCloud.
- Downloadable SongBook+ app (iOS) for managing scores and lyrics from an iPad.
- Optional GNS-MS01 speaker system and L-7B keyboard stand.
- Dimensions: 1234 mm x 456 mm x 138 mm.
- Weight: 13 kg.
Pricing and Availability:
The Yamaha Genos costs £4,555 / $5499.99. For full information head here.