Zero-G has released Hauntology Organic Electronica, a 3.2gb multi-format library created in collaboration with Si Begg that will appeal to fans of dystopian, atmospheric and textural sounds…
Here’s the full story in the words of Si Begg:
“The aim of this library was to make a range of usable tools that could create the electronic sounds I heard and loved as a kid. Whether it be the quirky off-beat bleeps and bloops of Delia Derbyshire at the BBC Radiophonic Workshop, the dystopian soundscapes of John Carpenter or the early film scores by the likes of Tangerine Dream, these are the sounds that soundtracked many of my favourite films and TV shows, scaring and delighting me in equal measure.
Often these kinds of recordings were made on a shoestring budget with idiosyncratic equipment that would drift in tuning or distort unexpectedly, but these are the very faults and errors that gave them such character and I’ve tried not to make things too “perfect” or clean to retain that feel.
The sounds have been culled from a variety of sources, old reel to reel tapes of my own early experiments, more recent sessions using half broken, dusty old synths with crackling pots and experiments with circuit bent effects units. They are raw, untamed electronics, curated into a fully usable format to add some organic textures to what can sometimes be a sterile experience with modern computer-based recordings.”
Hauntology key features:
- Organic electronic music samples
- Produced by composer/producer Si Begg
- Multiple formats included
- 3.2GB of content in each format
- Abstract, melodic and percussive loops
- Weird effects, sweeps, tonal textures
- Audio derived from old synths, circuit bent effects units, reel-to-reel tapes
- Reminiscent of Tangerine Dream and John Carpenter
- Highly flexible – great for cinematic soundtracks, electronic music and more
Pricing and Availability:
Hauntology is currently available for the special introductory price of £34.33 (usually £42.20) until March 9th 2018. To purchase and for further information head to the product page.