Price £40 | iPad: £15
Programming the nuances of a live shaker or percussion sound can be notoriously difficult. Shaka is a new plug-in that offers flexible and natural sounding percussion patterns, with 12 sequence slots that can load any of the eight deeply sampled sounds. You can edit individual parameters for each pattern on (or off) a grid, including velocity, pitch, duration, and gain, with additional controls for shuffle, an advanced humaniser, envelope and more. There’s also a built-in reverb, room simulator and high shelf filter.
The large number of presets include a broad range from simple shaker patterns, Motown shuffles and obscure world music grooves, to special effects patterns that sound like helicopters or ocean waves. Editing can occasionally be a little fiddly, and there’s no pan sequencing, but overall this is a superb solution for adding realistic sounding shaker percussion to your tracks.
- 12 Pattern slots & 8 instruments
- Egg, shaker, tambourine, caxixi, single shot, ghungroos, calabash & seeds
- 8/9 velocity layers with 30+ round robins per layer
- Reverb, room simulator & advanced humaniser
- VST, AU, AAX (64-bit) and AUv3